Thursday 23 May 2013

Lili's Little Fairies Team B Challenge - Spots and Stripes


Hello and welcome to another challenge this week with Lili's Little Fairies. Thanks so much to everyone who entered last week's Thankyou challenge - the winner and top 3 are listed on the main challenge blog.

Before getting on to this week's challenge, a couple of pieces of news for all our followers. We are saying sad goodbyes to two Fairies - Becky and Jenny. Both are off to exciting new ventures so we would like to say thank you for all you have done for Lili's Little Fairies and for sharing your beautiful cards with us - we will miss you both.

But with every rain there follows a a little sunshine as we welcome Louise as our newest Fairy. Many of you will be familiar with Louise's work and we are very excited to have her join us.

And so to this week's challenge - it is the turn of Team B and our theme is

Spots and Stripes

We are thrilled to have Teresa of My Crafty Heart on board as our sponsor this week with a £10 store voucher


The rest of the fairies have all gone dotty, spotty and stripey this week to inspire you - here is my effort.

 
I actually felt quite apprehensive making this card, as it is my first for over three weeks so I'm rather rusty lol! Unfortunately I have got stuff going on outside of craft land involving serious close family illness, so my creativity is feeling somewhat shot at the moment and also I am struggling for time. I'm not giving up on crafting and blogging completely, but my efforts are likely to be a bit hit and miss over the coming weeks/months as I react to events as they unfold. However I really did enjoy sitting down and making this card, and I currently have several crafty goodies sitting unopened in my stash (stamps, dies AND flowers!!) so I'm going to do my best to keep my hand in.  My DT buddies are being very understanding  about my patchy commitment so big hugs to them ... and hope all my visitors will bear wtih me if my visits and comments are also a bit hit and miss!

 
Stamps: LotV "Patchwork Butterfly" and "Everyday Seintiment Circles";
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Papers: LotV "Petal Fresh";
Supplies: most flowers and lace from Wild Orchid Crafts; pearls from The Hobby House; ribbon and wooden shapes from my stash.

 
Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge #80 - Sketch


Deep Ocean #52 - Ribbons &/or Lace
Fab 'n' Funky #172 - Ribbon &/or Lace
Stamp With Stampavie #194 - Ribbon or Lace
Fussy & Fancy #89 - Pearls & Lace
ABC - N is for Not Just One (3 or more embellishments)
My Mum's #5 - Spots or Stripes
Kaboodle #172 - Stripes &/or Circles
Penny's Paper Crafty #128 - Circles
Allsorts #207 - True Blue
Passion for Promarkers #199 - Anything Goes
I ♥ Promarkers #169 - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
One Stop Craft Challenge #229 - Anything Goes
Our Creative Corner - Anything Goes
 

Well that's all from me for today - thanks for visiting, and i look forward to seeing your creatios.
Hugs,

23 comments:

Elf Designs said...

Hi Pauline, What a gorgeous card, rusty? I don't think so it is stunning. I hope everything goes ok outside craft land xx Em x
p.s I have a little giveaway over on my blog if you wish to join in =)

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Pauline. The image is so sweet and I love the pretty papers and layout.
Take care
Lorraine x

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Claire said...

Adorable card Pauline, love the cute image, lovely colour combo and fab bow! Hugs, Claire x

Céline said...

so so cute, love it
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
hugs
céline

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts tracy x

Ella's Design said...

Such a pretty card, Pauline! Lovely soft colour combo and you've coloured that sweet LOTV image beautifully!
Thanks for joining our Anniversary challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

Pysselfröken said...

Wow! Such a cute Card! I love the Design and your colouring is great. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Good luck!
Hugs Frida

Nikki Craft said...

A gorgeous card:) Thanks for joining us at the fussy and fancy challenge x
Nikki x

Fran said...

So pretty, thank you for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles this week xxx

AnyOldCraft said...

Beautiful card Pauline.
My thoughts and prayers are with your family at this difficult time.

Shea said...

Oh my goodness, this is just the loveliest card ever! One wouldn't know that you were "rusty" when you made it as it looks like you spent hour upon hour with it. I LOVE all the details including the lace, the lovely papers, the image so beautifully colored and that yummy bow. WOW! Thanks so much for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this week!

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge and good luck.
Mags
x

Kat W said...

Wow, not looking rusty to me! Your card is just beautiful and the pastel colours are perfect with the image.
Kat x

Redanne said...

So sorry to hear of your family illness. Your card is really beautiful and you don't look like you are rusty at all to me - lovely work. Thanks so much for joining in at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

Ime said...

beautiful card! love the coloring!! thanks for joining us this week at kaboodle doodles

Ciska said...

So gorgeous, love the wooden leaves here! Thank you for playing along with us @ Fab 'n Funky :)

Laurian said...

Absolutely adorable!
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!
Hugz
Laurian

Andie's Space said...

HI Pauline,
What a sweet card. I love the cute image & wonderful card design. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Laurart said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

Lorraine said...

Just popping back to say thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ Promarkers
Lorraine x

Judith said...

I love the colours youve used for this cute card - just gorgeous and great LO too - thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges hugs Judith x

Dina said...

thats a cute one thanks for joining us at stampavie and more