Tuesday 5 June 2012

Prim Poppy


Hello everyone, today I have got a card to show you that is rather different from my usual style. It was inspired by the beautiful new Memory Box die " Prim Poppy" - I thought it was so elegant when I saw it I just had to have it, although I hadn't really thought how I would use it!  Having got the die I was also inspired by the current jubilee colour theme of red, white and blue ... this is a colour combo I would never normally use but it's rather difficult to avoid at the moment lol!!


I decided to keep the card very simple but to give the die cut some impact by draping it around an aperture - something else I never normally do. This also enabled me to showcase the flower die while making a sentiment stamp the central focus.  lastly I got the idea of using the die twice from a card I saw in my local craft shop Edwin Allen - that one was a white on white card which also looked very effective, but I'll leave that experiment for another day! Here's the result ...


Technically I don't know if this card qualifies for a red, white and blue challenge as the flower stems are green .. but hey flower stems just ARE green aren't they ... and my story is they're a natural element like skin or hair!! 

Stamps: Penny Black "friends" ..
Supplies: Memory Box "Prim Poppy" die; Martha Stewart "small monarch butterfly" punch.


Challenges:
Less Is More #70 - Red, White and Blue
Creative Craft RedWhite and Blue
Craft your Days Away #46 RedWhite and Blue
Die-ing For A Challenge - Anything Goes With A Die Cut.

That's all for today ... thanks for looking.
 

31 comments:

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, I love how they sparkle :) Very pretty.

Tags xx

debby4000 said...

Noooooooooo I need those poppies, absolutely love your card and the how they sparkle, brilliant.
luv
Debby

Pink Dandelion said...

Gorgeous card. Really elegant. Debs xx

Maribel said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love

Jo Street said...

Beautiful poppies, I love them.
Jo x

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful poppys, a smashing LIM card. x

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, well done :) Viv xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Pauline.

Hugs Riet.xx

Deanna said...

Elegant CAS card-love it!

Gibmiss said...

Hi pauline
Fabulous card ... Love the memory box dies.....
Hugs sylvie xxxx

Chrissie said...

This is fabulous!
I love this poppy die... it is SO elegant!
Super card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! Fab use of your die and lovely way to give it the highlight! :) Tks for the inspiration!

Marijke said...

this is simply gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Totally GORGEOUS card Pauline so beautiful simple stunning hugs me xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Pauline!!! Love this!
xx

Viv said...

Simply beautiful card. Love it.

Julie said...

Sweet cared- great die!

Helen said...

Wow - that die is fabulous! Love how you've used it around an aperture - goreous card!
Helen x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Pauline. This die is one of my favourite MB dies.

Julie said...

Wow - this is so beautiful. I love the glittery sparkle!

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our Red, White and Blue Challenge.

Hope you can stop by and play with us again soon!

Julie

Aileen said...

So gorgeous. Love the poppies and your aperture. x

Linda said...

What a stunning card. The poppy die is just gorgeous, and what you've doen with it is perfect, well done! xx

Susan said...

It just so happens that I have that poppy die and I LOVE it!! I especially love the sparkle you've added to the blooms!!

Mandi said...

Superb card Pauline
It caught my eye on the thimbs
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Natalie said...

me oh my this is GORgeous. Really love it Thanks so much for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges xx

Redanne said...

Your card is so elegant and beautiful, I love that die too but don't really use it, I will now! Love your blog heading too, that little bear is my fav PB stamp.

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card thank you for joining us this time at Creative Craft Challenge
Love Jan
xx

Tracy K said...

Beautiful card using one of my favourite dies :o) Thanks for joining us on the DTDF challenge :o)

Pop's Cards said...

Beautiful creation sweetie, looks fabulous, thank you for joining us at Die-ing for a challenge this time ♥ Pops x

Jane Willis said...

lovely card, really elegant!

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautifully done...