Friday 15 June 2012

Poppies in Pink


Last week I made my first card with my new Memory Box "Prim Poppy" die; and I'm loving this die so much I decided to use it again for a birthday card. 

This time the challenge was slightly different as I needed to make a bigger card; so I couldn't cut an aperture using my Cuttlebug (I don't have, and don't intend splashing out on, a large diecutting machine lol!). This card is for my husband's aunt and I don't think she really likes "cute"; so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try to blend a more traditional look with a modern twist.


Once again I layered up my die cuts using green glitter card and then adding pink glitter card flower heads on top - this time I used three die cuts and also three shades of pink card for the flowers so as to add a bit of depth. My sentiment is just stamped onto a nestie die and the edges distressed with "Spun Sugar" distress ink; and I added some flowers and lace and a Cuttlebug die-cut and embossed butterfly in a very soft shade of silver card.  I actually won this Cuttlebug butterfly cut'n'emboss set quite a while ago and I only use it very occasionally, but I think I should use it more often as it is really pretty.


Stamps: Penny Black sentiment "For You";
Media: "Spun Sugar" distress ink on edges of image;
Papers: embossed white cardstock from local craft shop Edwin Allen;
Supplies: pearls from The Hobby house; ribbon and lace from my stash;
Tools: labels nestabilities; Memory Box "Prim Poppy" die; Cuttlebug "Butterflies" cut 'n' emboss set.


Challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday #78 - Sparkle Galore!
Hooked on Crafts #21 - All That Glitters
Penny Black At Allsorts - All My Favourite Things (2nd entry) 
(flowers, lace, ribbon, butterflies and glitter)
Stampin' For The Weekend - Bugs & Butterflies
Allsorts #158 - Ice Cream Colours (I chose strawberry, vanilla and pistachiio!)
(pearls / ribbon &  lace / glitter)
Ribbon Girl - Use Ribbon Or Lace (2nd entry)
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion #114 - Anything Goes
Creatalicious #35 - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking :-)
 

15 comments:

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

hi Pauline

Great card I love the added 'flavours' you have used and those poppies look fab in pink!

Thanks for joining or ice cream colours challenge this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

brenda said...

Stunning and elegant Pauline.

I can see I am going to have to but that flower die, I keep seeing it pop up and feel it a defo 'need' item.

Thank you so much for joining our 'Favourite Things' theme at Penny Black and More Challenge this month.

B x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Ankie vd Polder said...

Oh this is gorgeous. Such a lovely colours. Hugs, Ankie

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Pauline! I love that die - it's added to the wishlist!
xx

Caroljenks said...

What a beautiful card Pauline! You have achieved the look you were after perfectly - I love it!

Thanks for joining in with our 'Sparkles Galore' challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Annette said...

Beautiful card, I especially love the embossing on the butterfly.

Annette
Netty's Cards
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge DT
xx

Terry said...

Thank you Pauline for sharing your fabulous card, love the butterfly and the poppies, and offcourse the colors you have used, Thank you for sharing with the DT from SSS and S. Hugs Terry xxxx

Michelle said...

This is Gorgeous!!Thanks for joining us at Hooked on CrAFT!! Good Luck!! Hugs Michelle

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Absolutely adorable card! Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday and be sure to stop in again tomorrow
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Linby said...

It's just beautiful and so elegant, i love that butterfly.
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts again for this challenge.
Lynn x
DT

Zippy said...

Stunning card, so elegant xxx

Zippy said...

Lovely elegent card hun and fab butterfly xxx

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card and love the pretty die. Thank you for sharing your favourite things over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Sandra H said...

Wow Pauline your card is totally stunning and the memory box Prim Poppy die is stunning:)x